Zero to hero in 9 weeks
Monday to Friday, 9:30 till 19:30
The course is taught in English
Financing options are available
Select your starting date ↓
What you will learn
- How to build fast, modern, dynamic and responsive websites
- Best web development and UI/UX practices
- React framework, used by Facebook and Instagram!
- Storing you data in MongoDB
- Using external APIs
- Manipulating DOM with jQuery
- Version control with Git and GitHub
- Deployment of your apps for web and mobile (iOS + Android)
- Team and pair programming, programming logic, algorithmic approach
- Regular cost is 5800€. Plus there are several other options ↓↓↓
500€Scholarship. Students over 40: because we know it’s harder to commit to learning at a certain age and we are willing to help. Single parents: because it’s a tough job to raise kids alone, keep it up. We are here to support you! Women in tech: so far 42% of our graduates are women and we want to reach the equality!
4800€Early bird registration + scholarship. If you sign up one month before the starting date and qualify for the scholarship then you have 1000€ of total discount.
5300€Early bird registration. This is a special early registration price for signing up one month before the starting date of the program.
6380€Deferred payment plan. Our own deferred payment program which let’s you start learning and pay later. Split the tuition cost in half by paying 50% before the program starts and the rest in 6 monthly payments.
Why do you need this?
- To find a job as a web developer and start earning big
- Jump-start or improve your freelancing career
- Build your own web apps
- Build your own mobile apps
How is it even possible?
- First you need a desire to become a developer
- Then you select the starting date which suites you best
- You sign up through our website
- When course starts and we do the teaching part
- Magically you see that you start understanding code
- You work hard during the course
- You graduate and we help you find a job!
- You enjoy and feel empowered!
But I don’t know anything about coding…
- We prepared curriculum specifically for students with no prior experience. Our instructors are not just amazing developers, but also awesome mentors who know how to teach. With small groups and best students/teachers ratio you will have a personalized approach with lots of 1:1 sessions. All you need to have is a laptop and strong desire to become a developer. The rest is our job
- I really liked the course because of the individually adjusted pace. I did not feel stupid asking questions and making mistakes and I really feel that I learned a lot.”
— Kai Niehues
What if I know some coding already?
- Awesome! For you we have mind-bending challenges and more complex concepts to strengthen and improve further your skills!
- We are extremely eager to have the most demanding students in the world.
Wondering about day-to-day workflow?
09:30AMCode review, Q&A, warm-up: Ask questions, solve coding challenges, prepare for the day, finish work from the previous day.10:00AMLecture introducing a new topic: A lecture covering part of the curriculum from the BCS instructor with live coding sessions and interaction with students to keep you engaged.10:30AMExercises, practicing a new concept.01:30PMLunch break: There are plenty of restaurants and cafes around the campus to have a lunch.02:30PM
- UI/UX workshop: learn best practices and apply them to your current projects.
- Tech talks / deliverables: enlightening talks form students or teachers and quick lectures for the actual deliverables.
06:30PMVarious coding-related workshops and talks we host to learn and connect with the community. You can join as a participant, speaker or even a mentor!
- Code practice: exercise, projects, pair programming: Code your way through the day’s assignment and work on your course project. Your instructors will be there to assist and guide you.
- Ont to one sessions with your instructor.
- Because it’s the most amazing city in the world? If that’s not enough ↓↓↓
- Great weather: it’s always warm and sunny
- Amazing food: healthy Mediterranean diet
- Low cost of living: compared to other cities in Europe you will spend less during your stay here
- Beach: where else can you got straight to the beach after the classes and enjoy the sea and the sun
- Super friendly people and vibrant multicultural community
Why Barcelona Code School?
- Market-ready curriculum tailored to job market and companies’ needs
- Best students/mentors ratio
- Instructors, who know how to teach
- Job offers for the students constantly coming from tech companies
- Guaranteed internship in a developer’s role
- Fast track from beginner to job-ready coder
- Life-time career support
- Real hiring partners
- Premium location – new cozy office with a terrace in the downtown of Barcelona away from the touristic crowds
- By learning one language you can build apps for web and mobile! Yes, same language!
- You can use it both for back-end (server) and front-end (browser), hence isomorphic!
- Asynchronous! Process multiple requests simultaneously!
- It is infinitely cool!
- Receive job offers from our hiring partners
- Do internship with local tech companies or even with us
- Metro AG, otherwise known as Metro Group, is a German global diversified retail and wholesale/cash and carry group based in Düsseldorf. It was established in 1964 and as of 2010, it was the fourth-largest retailer in the world measured by revenues (after Wal-Mart, Carrefour and Tesco). Thanks to a partnership with Berlin office of Metro AG we can offer internship of 4-8 weeks for the graduates and option to get hired after that. With Metro AG you might expect such amazing things as access to one of the best learning platforms and in-house training, talent rotation program, working with latest technologies in agile development process.
- Page Personnel is on of the largest recruitment companies in the world and thanks to our partnership with Barcelona office we can provide job placement for the best graduates. There is a vast need for the developers in Barcelona coming from the local and international companies, operating in Spain. Together with Page Personnel we will help you to prepare a CV, conduct mock interviews during the bootcamp and finally get exposed to the hiring companies in Barcelona for your first web developer job.
- We are a digital company based in Lisbon, with a young multidisciplinary team. We are growing and lead several top brand projects in Portugal and Spain. We work in the digital, programming and web design areas. Our team also includes designers and communication specialists. We have a close working partnership with a group of companies that bring us diverse opportunities.
What is the language of this course?English.
Do I have to speak Spanish?For the course you do not need Spanish. Everybody at our school speak English. To feel comfortable in Barcelona Spanish would help but nowadays in most of the places local people do speak English.
Who is this course for?Beginners. If you don’t know how to code – this course is for you. If you know what Terminal is – even better. If you can explain difference between div and span or know what function is you will be doing just fine.
What if I already know how to code?Amazing! For students who advance faster or have some prior experience we have more challenging track with hardcore exercises and job opportunities upon graduation.
What qualification I will get from this course?If completed successfully you will become a junior full-stack developer. Meaning you will know how to build web apps and be able to apply for the entry developer’s position.
Do you offer financing help?Yes, we do. Contact us to get more info on that.
Are there any accommodation options for the foreign students?We can recommend some third party resources like Uniplaces, Spotahome and BeRoomers beside Airbnb. As a rule of thumb the closer to our school the better the area is. Just send us couple of links of the properties you’ve chosen if you need our advice on that.
What about cost of living in Barcelona, how much will I spend apart from the course tuition?Barcelona, compared with other metropolitan European cities, is quite affordable or even cheap place to live. According to the latest survey, the average cost of living for students in Barcelona is around 1000 Euros per month. Expect to spend 300-600€ to rent a room or 600-1000€ for the apartment, around 10€ for a lunch in a restaurant, 10€ for a public transport 10-ride pass.
How good would a typical graduate be after completing the course?You will learn the skills to begin as a junior full-stack developer, will know how to build full functional web apps and have a solid foundation to improve your expertise.
Why your course is 9 weeks?It used to be 8 weeks actually 🙂 But to make sure that students do the prep work and get the best from us during the course we’ve included a prep week into the bootcamp! With smaller groups we have and student driven approach we cover all the material in this time. After testing our curriculum we have proven results that 9 weeks is the best length to make this dynamic, comprehensive and not overstretched so that students stay focused without getting exhausted by endless studies.
Is there a pre-course?Yes. We send you materials to study and when conduct a prep week on campus! Double win!
How does your price compare to other schools?It’s safe to say that our price is within lower competitive range. We strive to provide the personalized approach thanks to smaller group size and attract highly qualified instructors motivated to share their expertise with students. You will love it, we guarantee!